Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Penguin Progress hinderence

Riddle: What do you sing to a penguin on its birthday?

When I needed a break from working on the penguin costumes the last few weeks I worked on another project inspired by the costumes, and a birthday present for my friend and co-worker, Natalie since she loves penguins

I had to wait to post this until after her birthday so I wouldn't ruin the surprise, but without further ado here it is:



It's a wall hanging of a penguin with little interchangeable accessories, and friends, that are held on with velcro. A great majority of this was made with scraps from the penguin costumes, and other scraps from my bin. I'm quite happy with how it turned out! :)



Aside:
One of my kittens, Grace, LOVED the little heart. No matter where I put it she found a way to get to it and then carried it around the house. Finally I broke down and made her one. Here she is enjoying it.



Answer: Freeze a jolly good fellow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a new sewer too (I started this past spring). I found your blog on the Big List of Sewing Blogs, and thought I would say hello. While going through your posts I noticed that you moved from LiveJournal to Blogger. I am in the process of moving my sewing blog from WordPress to Blogger, and hope to have it up and running soon. Good luck with your penguin project! It looks like it's coming along swimmingly! :)

Anonymous said...

In Grace's defense, she was just making sure that the fabric was durable and the stitches were secure. I mean, Bella and Tibby are probably going to do the same thing at Natalie's house ;)