Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Back to the Future Wednesday

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."
~Albert Schweitzer

This week's featured future project is Simplicity 9004



I want to try my hand at a non-garment sewing project, so this looks like lots of fun, for me to make and for my kitties to enjoy. I can't decide which one to make. I'm torn between the fish because, well, it's just super adorable, and the tent because then I could use a kitty print fabric.

I want to mention that these projects that I'm featuring on Back to the Future Wednsesdays are projects that I actually plan on getting to relatively soon, and pretty much in the order I'm presenting them. This may be one though, that I'll work on a little throughout to help alleviate the frustration I can only imagine will come with this project. :) I'll keep you updated once I choose which to make and once I have the fabric for it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I L-O-V-E the fish! So super cute and fun!

Anonymous said...

The fish is a really cute idea. Do you know what the tent supports are made of? I can't wait to see which version you decide to make. I know it will be cute, whatever you do!

Brooke said...

I have made that fishie and it is way cute. It made my sewing machine very angry though.

Here are some pics of my old kitty Joe in his fishie. He LOVED it.

http://becauseisaidsew.blogspot.com/2007_07_01_archive.html

http://members.cox.net/dancingseamstress/joebed.html