Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Back to the Future Wednesday

"I've found that you don't need to wear a necktie if you can hit."
~Ted Williams, American baseball player

This week's featured future projects are the ties for B and my Dad (since neither one of them can hit). If you recall I'll be using this fabric for my Dad and making it as a Christmas present



and this fabric for B as his souvenir from NYC, albeit a few months after I actually returned.



I bought this pattern to use.


The tie seems fairly simple and straightforward, and it seems like they'll be really fun to make. Though this is my first time working with fairly expensive fabric, so I'm a little nervous about cutting into it.

Go Rays!

1 comment:

Gwen said...

How fun! Would you bring the pattern into work some day so that I could see it? I wish Scott wore ties - I'd love to make some for him! Have you thought more about lining?