Another year to live!
To banish worry, doubt, and fear,
To love and laugh and give!
This bright new year is given me
To live each day with zest...
To daily grow and try to be
My highest and my best!
I have the opportunity
Once more to right some wrongs,
To pray for peace, to plant a tree,
And sing more joyful songs!"
~William Arthur Ward
I've seen a few people post their sewing accomplishments for the year, so I thought I would do the same. Here are my sewing highlights for 2008:
- began my sewing adventure and started a sewing blog
- made butterick 3772 for my nieces
- finished the Christmas stocking that I started years and years and years ago
- made a tiger bag for my mom's birthday
- went to the New York garment district for the first time
- finished the muslin of simplicity 4193 skirt and jacket for my mom
- made fabric bird Christmas ornaments for a blogger's ornament exchange
- no sewing to report. Spent the month taking part in other Christmas crafts.
Hopfully the new year will bring more sewing. Goodness knows I have several projects I need to get to / finish.