Friday, November 21, 2008

Bookworm award


My friend Miss Linda of Threads of Loveliness nominated me for a bookworm award.

The rules of this award are:
-pass this on to 5 friends

-Open the closest book to you, not your favorite or most intellectual book, but the book closest to you at the moment, to page 56.
Write out the 5th sentence, as well as two to five sentences following that...

The book that is closest to me is The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger and the 5th sentence on pg 56 is:

"'You knew, you knew that was going to happen and you didn't say a word. Where is your sense of self preservation? What the hell is wrong with you? What use is it knowing the future if you can't at least protect us from humiliating little scenes-'"

And my 5 blog friends that I would like to pass this on to are:
1. (the new) Dr. K at Perpetual Entropy

2. Sue from Quilt, Sew, Sew Sue

3. Becky from Sew and So

4. Regina from The Queen Bee's Buzz

5.Caity from Caityquilter

Thanks Miss Linda!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Christine! You know, I've always wanted to read that novel and I'm glad you reminded me of it! Your little snippet made me even more curious about it. Have a wonderful weekend. Doing any Christmas sewing this weekend? Or perhaps working on your mother's pretty outfit? I'm trying to resist the urge to go to Hancock's or JoAnn's for their Thanksgiving sales. I'm on a fabric diet and I'm really trying to stick with it.

Becky said...

Thanks for the nomination! I'll be sure to get on it. ;)