Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Past project Wednesday

So I was going to transfer all of my posts from my old blog website http://andsewitbegins.livejournal.com/ to here, but I finally decided it just wasn't worth it, and that instead I would just post my finished projects and add a link to the post from the old website. So here's the first.

My very first solo project:

Butterick 3772.

For and as modeled by my twin nieces.


As you can see, I made 2 using a denim fabric for one and a corduroy fabric for the other that both had the same embroidery on it. I really loved this because it allows them to be dressed similarly but not exactly the same seeing as they are, a bit obviously, not identical twins.

I have to say, this was a very good first project. It was fairly simple, but had some elements that were a bit challenging for a first-timer.

It really allowed me to practice basic techniques like adding buttons with my machine, using my one-step button hole function, adding bias tape and interfacing, and practicing rounded stitching. I would definitely recommend this pattern for a first-timer.
You can read more about it here

No comments: