Thursday, March 22, 2012

Let's get this party started

Well that was a nice hiatus. A lot has happened in the interim. My sewing has seriously declined and I've started running again. I say again not because I used to run regularly. Oh no, it's because I've tried to take up running as a hobby on MULTIPLE occassions. I'm not real sure why, I REALLY hate running and I'm terrible at it, but for some reason I feel compelled to do it. Maybe it's because I hate it so much it's a real challenge that I want to overcome, maybe it's because I know it's good for me and I should do it, maybe it's because my sister is an avid runner and I feel some sort of strange need to emulate her...or maybe it's just because I want to punish myself. I'm not sure why, at all. But I've started again. And this time I've made it (almost) through the entire training program. Ran my first 5k last weekend, scheduled to run another one next weekend, and signed up to run a 2 mile race the weekend after. I bought new shoes, a running skirt, and I've invested much more time money this time than ever before. Maybe this time it'll stick.

So here I will talk mostly about my running, But I'm hoping that I can start sewing again more too. And perhaps I can find a nice intersection somewhere between the two.

No comments: